Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thinking....

Have you heard the song cinderella, by Steven Curtis

It is about a dad and his daughter and how she is growing up and soon she won't be his anymore.


I think this song brings back many memories...

When I was younger my dad and I were very close

I would remember he would be the one to wake me up in the morning and he would chase me through the house, we would then go down to the kitchen and make pancakes together and do dishes and all having fun all of the way. We would then run to somewhere like Home Depot where he would figure out a new project for the house and I would help him build it. In this song it talks about how the little girl has no care in the workd but her father, as he is sitting with piles of work but he still finds a lot of time to spend with her.

As she gets older she asks the dad to approve her prom dress and date.

I think as I have gotten older me and my dad have drifted a bit; but we still are close.

The days with the boyfriend talk has already happened which got some taking used to since he wants to be the only guy that I like. But with three daughters he decided to get used to it. This really has to do with this song because the dad feels like his little girl is getting taken away by other guys. The last verse is about how she is getting married and this is so happy but at the same time very sad for the father. He feels like his little girl is leaving.


But I would like my dad to know I will always be there and no guy can take me away from him, and I still miss the mornings waking up and him being my world.

2 comments: