Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Confirmation

I believe in God the Father, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit
This is sure a strong statement
Told that you will have a loving father
Told you will be provided the strength for each day
Told that if you believe you will live eternally
Seems like a very good way to live and an easy thing to believe in

But when you look at the other side of it
asked to believe in something you can't see
asked to believe in something with not many uncovered facts
told what will happen if you don't believe

This is a hard concept to grasp
But human nature is curious and wants to know what is true...
I have a friend who doesn't believe in a higher power of God
She makes me wonder sometimes...
is my religion true
are some of the things you are supposed to believe fake?
How did everything come to be?
These are some of the questions and debates we get in to.
Although it makes me wonder I also think it makes my faith stronger.
It shows me that it is possible to have a few curiosities and wonder sometimes but at the same time if I can still believe after this I believe my faith is strong.
I am getting comfirmed in about a month...
I would like to thank this friend for helping me get to this point in my faith and even though sometimes you made me wonder I think in the long run you really helped me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment